Oracle PIPELINE REQ---Cloud Sales Representative- MySQL Cloud in Boston, Massachusetts
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to small-and-medium sized accounts. The role is a combination of a Field Sales Rep and Inside Sales Rep.
Works to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory. Territory may be combination of geographic, product, industry and other customer / market dimensions. Sells to the territory directly or via partners. The territory that this rep covers does not have an Inside Sales Rep or Field Rep. Utilizes inbound and/or outbound techniques to identify, qualify and close new opportunities. Manages accounts throughout the entire sales process, and collaborates with team members in business development, consulting and support to uncover all customer needs. Responsible for understanding Oracle's product offerings and competitive issues to develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Travels to customer sites to identify / develop sales opportunities. Participates in the development, presentation, and sales of a value proposition. Onsite customer presentation with C-levels to negotiate and close strategic and complex deals. Liaises with customer contacts for the purpose of managing the customer relationship, identifying new opportunities and maximizing sales.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have a project lead role. Highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation skills. Successful sales track record. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle's competitors. interaction with C level players. Team player. Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Presentation skills. Travels to customer as needed. 5+ years relevant sales experience. BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 167890 in the subject line of the email.
The MySQL Global Business Unit is looking for a qualified Sales Representative to sell MySQL Database Service (MDS) and HeatWave (HW) deployed on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) across a highly diverse and expansive geography within our North America US territory.
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of success selling cloud services. Be able to comprehend and articulate core cloud principles (storage, networking, security, DR, etc.), to customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders. Demonstrate the ability to communicate the Oracle Cloud Value Proposition including the technical strategy of Gen 2. Understanding of cloud business drivers and how to position OCI's(Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) competitive advantage. Be intellectually curious and have a passion for MySQL, Cloud Services, as well being able to quickly uncover customer business pains
Qualified candidates should have 2-3 years of experience successfully selling cloud services to organizations ranging from SMBs through Fortune 100.
· 50%+ of weekly time spent prospecting for net new business
· Regularly forecast, manage and close 50-60 workloads (10% through active consumers) in a fiscal year utilizing Oracle Sales Cloud
· Identify, utilize, and collaborate with key internal stakeholders in assigned territory (Tech Managers, Tech SCs, Key Partners, MySQL SCs, etc.,)
· Identify and maneuver across key customer stakeholders to evangelize MDS/HW to developers and Cloud Decision Makers
· Willingness to operate as part of a large account team; sometimes not driving the opportunity; can't be a "lone cowboy”
· Ability to quickly and effectively use key ORCL Sales Tools including Territory Intelligence, Market Intelligence, Eloqua, Datafox/ZoomInfo, Sales Cloud, and LinkedIn
· Document territory plan including target companies, existing users, marketing plans, etc.,
· Ability to quickly develop, execute, and routinely modify a 30, 60, 90-day territory plan
· Ability to build and present a quarterly business review to management
· Ability to deliver an effective Infomentis or Account Planning discussion
· Understanding of how to run a discovery call.
· Minimum requirement is the ability to position an effective 3 minute "elevator pitch" focused on ORCL Cloud + MDS/HW
· BS or BA degree or applicable experience preferred
· Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles, with a track record of successful revenue attainment
· Demonstrated knowledge of direct software / IT sales (3 years+)
· Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with customers/prospects
· Aggressive, strong organizational skills, and a self-starter
Diversity and Inclusion:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer * . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer
- Oracle Jobs