Vinfen Per Diem Residential Counselor in Boston, Massachusetts
As a Relief Lead Residential Counselor, you will provide direct support to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small, behaviorally intensive group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. Relief Lead Residential Counselors will use their experience working with a behaviorally intensive population to provide essential direct care services on an as needed or per diem basis.
Relief Lead Residential Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Program (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. Relief Lead Residential Counselor also strengthen residents' connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor's appointments.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
The benefits of becoming relief at Vinfen include:
- Paid certification training including CPR, First Aid and MAP.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week depending on availability.
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap.
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct Care, LeadRelief.
- High school diploma or GED required. A bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral conditions and/or acquired brain injury required.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year and access to a reliable, fully insured vehicle.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment, Safety Care certified within 90 days of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, national fingerprinting and driving record check.
Per Diem, hours vary
POSITION TYPE: Part Time Relief - Per Diem
Pay Rate: $15 / hour