Jacobs Operational Readiness, Activation & Transition (ORAT) Specialist - Remote in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for an Operational Readiness, Activation & Transition (ORAT) Specialist who is excited about working on projects supporting our clients’ business and business practices. As a member of the ORAT team , this position will provide expertise in logistics, planning, developing, coordination, and scheduling of operational readiness activities associated with some key industries like aviation, transit link extensions and other facility development projects.
We are flexible on the location of this role. Projects will be located in the Pacific Northwest, Florida and Texas. Frequent travel to those locations will be required.
In this role, you will:
· Participate in and support planning, ramp up and execution of the various elements of Aviation, Transit and Operational Readiness, Activation and Transition Programs
· Assist with the development of Stakeholder Engagement and Operational Interface Plans
· Assist with the coordination and development of Familiarization, Induction and Training Plans
· Assist with collection of information for ORAT schedule development
· Assist with the implementation of Transition Plans
· Establish and maintain strategic relationships with representatives of key stakeholders including management, vendors, sub-concessionaires, consumer groups and the business community to ensure stakeholders are engaged in the ORAT program.
· Develop and maintain ORAT SharePoint tools.
· Assist with management of ORAT programs using reporting tools, such as SharePoint, Risk Registers; Issue Logs, Dashboards, CitiriOS, Primavera, Microsoft Office, etc.
· Present regular update reports on ORAT activities.
· Review Project schedules, testing and close out plans for development of detailed turnover plans including duties & responsibilities of all parties.
· Hold and/or attend regularly scheduled Project meetings.
· Effectively manage the workflow processes and ensure timely completion.
· Assist with Project Closeouts and transition to service.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The base salary range for this position is $97,500 to $214,200. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
This is a remote position
Here’s what you’ll need :
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Construction Management, Operations Management, Planning, Business, OR 10 years industry experience in at least one of the following: Aviation, Transit, Systems Testing & Integration, Rail Startup, Facility Startup, and Regulatory Compliance.
· Experience on Operational Readiness teams on new facilities
· Knowledge of industry practices for systems and operations:
o Traction Power Systems
o Signal Systems
o Operations and Maintenance (O/M)
o Facility Systems
o Activation Planning (Rail or otherwise)
o Testing and Commissioning
o Systems Integration Testing
o Risk Management
o Project Management
· Possess technical skills in project management, transit operations, documentation, communications, and/or operational or technology testing:
o Schedule review and impact mitigation
o Monitor track progress across All Projects
o Review schedule and mitigate conflicts across multiple projects
o Training coordination and tracking across multiple active projects
o Quality Assurance – Punchlist & Closeout
o Field Inspection
o Effective Stakeholder management capability
· Hardware/Software Knowledge Word, Excel, CitiriOS, SharePoint, Outlook, Office 365
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Jacobs Jobs