Vista Outdoor Logistics Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
The Logistics Analyst will work with internal stakeholders and global logistics providers in coordinating, tracking and support of shipments across our global distribution network. The position will monitor and maintain activities, managing analytical and tactical requirements with the primary focus or ensuring visibility, accuracy, and implementation of best practices on management of logistic lanes for finished and raw material goods.
This position will provide support preferably operating from the Petaluma, CA office location, or within a suitable pacific remote location. A mountain time zone can be acceptable if capabilities and experience qualify, reporting to the Sr Manager of Distribution, Logistics, and Program Management.
· Provides daily support for all CamelBak locations. Support includes oversight of domestic and import/ export shipments to assure we are receiving the required service at the lowest rates. Tracks shipments with critical delivery times and communicates status to key stakeholders. Collaborates with CamelBak global onsite transportation teams to ensure business objectives are met. Domestic locations: Petaluma, CA; Rantoul, IL; International locations: Tijuana, MX; multiple Asia countries, Dominican Republic, Europe.
· Works closely with Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Distribution Coordinators on transportation related issues such as costs per shipment, modeling predicted costs, special pickup and delivery arrangements, rerouting of shipments and shortage investigation.
· Receives daily and weekly transportation reports, analyze data and provide cross functional input on transportation trends including cost, lead-time, capacity, and space. Formats data for KPI reporting. Runs ad hoc reports to be used for various analyses.
· Works with the Vista Outdoor Transportation team to provide critical analysis and input of freight carrier pricing proposals to calculate the financial impact to CamelBak.
· Using weekly/monthly KPI reporting identifies service improvement/ cost reduction opportunities. Recommends and supports implementation of processes to optimizing transportation efficiencies and spend.
· Manages weekly carrier invoices for correct cost coding and variance range invoice approval in collaboration with 3rd party audit and pay organization. Drives improvements in management and reporting of 3rd party audit and pay to CBK finance.
· Collects information for domestic and international transportation processes to assists in creating/updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Reviews and communicates SOPs with team members and stakeholders.
· Collects freight claim data and identifies areas for further review such as packaging problems, carrier issues, etc... Communicates the areas of concern for further action.
· Develop and maintain strong tactical relationships with freight brokers, carriers, 3PL partners and internals customer base, with recognition of escalation path as needed.
· Evaluate all processes related to logistics to drive improvements in cost, efficiency, and execution.
Education and Training:
· Relevant College degree and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in global logistics management within a reasonably complex network, with understanding of import/export compliance and processes preferred.
· Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office programs advance Excel skills required, pivot tables, v‐lookups, and formulas & functions.
· Experience with Oracle ERP or equivalent system
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong analytical and math skills.
· Strong and effective interpersonal skills.
· Strong communication skills advising and guiding conversation clearly, concisely, and professionally with multiple levels of management.
· Ability to travel within the Americas on a quarterly basis with opportunity to travel internationally bi-annually.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.
- Vista Outdoor Jobs