Danaher Corporation LIS Integration Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The LIS Implementation Specialist will be part of a dynamic Technical Solution Services team within Leica Biosystems (LBS). This person will work closely with customers to define, configure, test, train, document and support LIS interfaces for the Leica product portfolio. In addition, this person will participate in strategic initiatives for LIS Integration process improvements as it relates to Leica product portfolios. This position involves extensive interaction with other roles within Leica including Sales, Technical Support, the Business Units and Applications Specialists.
Location: Remote, East Coast preferred, but not Required
Major Responsibilities: * LIS Subject Matter Expert for Leica product portfolio. * Report writing * Participate as project team member for Leica Interface implementations while adhering to FDA and regulatory guidelines governing medical devices * Work with customer and team to define customer requirements and required work flow * Document customer requirements * Develop or configure interface to meet the requirements * Develop and execute test plans with customers * Develop site documentation and train Technical Support on the interface * Train the customer sites on troubleshooting interface issues * Provide technical support when escalated from the Technical Support or Applications Specialist teams * Develop and execute LIS Integration strategies across Leica Pathology Imaging product platforms * Conduct presentations remotely via WebEx or at customer’s site * Support large regional team efforts by serving as a technical liaison between the customer, the Sales Unit, and the Business Unit to advance deals involving LIS integration components * Saliently convey unique value proposition of Leica connectivity offering to potential customers * Maintain understanding of competitive landscape of LIS offerings of vendors * Working collaboratively with sales leadership including input from the Manager of Applications, this role will provide additional leadership and work effort towards the LIS integration administration, laboratory instrument communications management, LIS interfacing, and database management. * Specific Accountabilities in a collaborative role with Manager of Applications and the Business Unit Software Product Manager are: Integration feasibility, Quality Assurance (Attention to Detail, Software Validation and Documentation), Project Management and LIS-Event Management.
- B.S. Degree, preferably in Management Information Systems (MIS) or Computer Science
- Minimum of three years in similar role
- Experience in analyzing customers' business needs and Laboratory product/system integration objectives to deliver an application configuration in products to meet customers' needs
- Experienced in resolving customer problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Superior verbal and written skills
- General IT knowledge
- SQLServer proficiency
- Analytical/Statistical Skills-Data Movement
- Ability to work remotely
- Knowledgeable on HL7 and application interfacing with the major Laboratory Information System/Laboratory Information Management System vendors
- Extensive problem solving experience
- Technical writing skills
- Project implementation experience
- Experience with creating and completing QA test plans
- Understanding of medical technology
- Understanding of Lab workflow At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: SEL001580