ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. Law Clerk II in Boston,, Massachusetts
• Performs complex legal research for the investigative and trial teams;
• Preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.; reviewing documents for relevance and privilege;
• Assists attorneys with all phases of litigation;
• Acts independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects;
• Responsibilities include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff;
• Reviews and analyzes reciprocal discovery, documents received from outstanding government subpoenas to victims, and financials records;
• Prepares exhibit and witness lists and helps to prepare witnesses and witness binders for trial;
• Will create and prepare trial exhibits and along with preparing the trial exhibit binders; • Responds to expert witnesses and discovery requirement;
• Prepares trial outlines and orders of proof for trial;
• Provides technical support and database maintenance;
• Performs quality control on the work of peers in a variety of areas.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Federal Security Clearance
• Requires a law degree.
• Must have 2+ years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
• Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
• Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
• Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging. Role also requires hands on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resource
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans
ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc.
- ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. Jobs