Aerotek Lab Technician - Night in Boston, Massachusetts
-process 100+ specimen of different types per day from Chemistry -first line of defense as specimen enter the lab -scan and record in computer that specimen arrives in lab and ensure is routed to correct part of pathology department -check tube type and label on tubes to ensure accuracy -work with other technicians and medical technologists to ensure that most pressing samples are handled first -answer phone calls from providers and other labs to make sure samples are being handled correctly
specimen processing, specimen handling, Labelling, Centrifugation, Laboratory, Biology, Chemistry, Data entry
Top Skills Details:
- Specimen Handling experience
- Lab testing experience - must have strong math skills and ability to use pipette
- Computer/data entry
- Hospital Experience
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 6 months + experience working in a laboratory at a hospital or diagnostic center ideally from Quest, Idexx, Labcorp, etc.
- Experience working as a specimen processor or Phlebotomist seeing a large number of patients or processing a high amount of samples
- Experience with SunQuest and/or Epic highly preferred
- Experience working with several different tube types must know colors and what they represent
- Experience working with multiple barcode hospital system strongly desired
- Must be able to stand 80%+ of time
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs