Deloitte Flexible Consumption Revenue Recognition Implementation Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Flexible Consumption Revenue Recognition Implementation Manager
Our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) industry clients include some of the most valued companies in the U.S. and many of the world's top global brands. We are poised to help clients shape their evolving business models, scale and transform their operations, modernize their processes and technologies, and constantly improve their customer experience. Our Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment sector includes the world leaders in telecommunications, media, entertainment, sports, business information services, and digital platform companies - for search, social, marketing, analytics, etc.
Flexible consumption models -long employed by Utility and Telecom companies-is now expanding to businesses in other industries (including Technology, Media, Automotive, and Industrial Products), creating value for both customers and the companies that adopt them. These models are profoundly different from traditional business models and will require a very different set of business capabilities so that customers are able to access, consume, and pay for services based on need and usage-from media content to technology infrastructure and enterprise software solutions-in a flexible, scalable, and secure manner.
Work you'll do
Industry-leading clients. An award-winning culture. Top notch connections. Big opportunities. At Deloitte, you'll work with the best in the business to solve the toughest problems in business. From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level. You will:
• Deliver complex projects in a fast-paced, team environment
• Provide expert knowledge and guidance of progressive semiconductor product development practices, metrics, and enabling technology
• Lead and assist semiconductor product pursuits and practice development initiatives
• Promote and participate in forums for sharing expertise, strengthening Deloitte's collective knowledge, and helping resolve our clients' challenges
• Collaborate on innovative solutions to bolster the future of the practice
• Continually develop your knowledge of in semiconductor development's latest solutions
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
Manager level responsibilities include:
With a full range of capabilities, we work with clients through the entire transformation, from inception and design through execution and operation. We have professionals who are knowledgeable about all industry dynamics, core functional areas, strategic capabilities, and enablement technologies. We have a tested and proven framework and transformation methodology to guide our clients with confidence from business strategy through technical enablement:
• Business strategy : Overall business strategy to drive flexible consumption-based business models for the organization
• Business model : Clear definition and alignment on "what" is sold, "to whom," and "how"
• Business capabilities : Enabling processes and policies to support the target business model
• Operating model : Based on new set of business capabilities defining the right structure for organizing them to optimally deliver a company's offerings to the marketplace
• Technology platform : Strategic automation of processes for efficiency via a technology platform-applications, infrastructure, data, integration, and security
8+ years of experience working directly with, or serving clients in, Telecommunications including service providers, carriers, networks and broadcasters, infrastructure and equipment manufacturers. Or Media including internet, film/movies, electronic games, music, newspapers, publications, radio, television. Or Entertainment including professional and semi-professional sports clubs, leagues, and major sporting events and companies that produce or organize and promote live events. Industry experience is a must.
• Minimum three years of experience at Big 4 firm within revenue recognition professional services or industry focused on delivering cloud-based revenue recognition solutions (High-Tech, Automotive, Med-tech, Telecom)
Strong understanding of lead-to-cash and record-to-report processes and end-to-end architectures
Revenue recognition (ASC 606, IFRS 15) expertise, including understanding of the leading practices and ability to facilitate clients' most complex business requirements
• Experience with end-to-end implementations of revenue recognition solutions (e.g. Zuora RevPro, Oracle NetSuite ARM, Aptitude RevStream)
Understanding of ASC 606 standard, accounting policies, and implications
Ability to communicate complex system concepts to a business audience in a clear and concise manner
Experience and in-depth understanding of all aspects of the SDLC including Design, Build, QA, UAT and Support
Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Immigration-Limited visa sponsorship may be available.
Experience with architecture assessments and developing roadmaps to implement revenue recognition solutions
• Experience with designing and configuring cloud/SaaS revenue recognition solutions in complex environments
• Experience designing integrations with upstream (billing, invoicing) and downstream ERP (GL) applications
• Experience identifying creative solutions within configurable cloud systems or within boundary applications where customization is required
• Experience of managing teams with sizes ranging 5-10 resources
Experience with successfully leading complex engagements, both business and technical, including multiple dependencies and integration points
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff
• An advanced degree in the area of specialization
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits . Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs