State Street Financial Analyst - Revenue Insights, Senior Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
**The Revenue Insights Center is responsible for the way State Street manages, reports, tracks and understands revenue. This includes forecasting, budgeting, allocating, modeling and analyzing, with a keen focus on data quality and accuracy. The Financial Analyst will report to the VP of the Revenue Insights Center, but also provide support to the GM/GX LFO and LFO Subs for the GM and GX businesses. The individual will also coordinate with the offshore support team, other insights centers and work directly with the GM/GX businesses to gather and interpret revenue driver data. __
- Planning, forecasting and analysis of revenue results and projections for the GM and GX business units.
- Development and production of meaningful reports, metrics and analysis to facilitate in-depth understanding of results specifically supporting Product, Business and Customer revenues.
- Assist in the strategic plan, budget and forecasting processes including input and interfacing with finance and business managers.
- Participation in process improvement efforts to streamline the development of forecasts/plans including Finance related activities for new product start-ups.
- Perform special projects, including financial modeling, revenue analytics and data visualization.
- Research and review revenue drivers including data mining from various reports and organizing results to present to end users.
- Prepare scenario models to help management understand the impact of changes in the volume and price drivers on revenues and make risk/opportunity recommendations.
- Maintain database of revenue and revenue driver information to support various analytical tools
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support management decision making, to include revenue and driver trends and variance analyses
- Reconcile granular data sets to the general ledger in order to better understand transactional level drivers of period variances
- Allocate revenues to clients and businesses according to appropriate business rules, adjusting methodologies as needed periodically.
*Desired Skills and Qualifications*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of Finance experience
- Financial modeling
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Client service oriented
- Ability to work confidently and build strong relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to manage multiple priorities on a deadline basis.
- _Strong verbal and written communication skills. _
- Focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Enthusiasm for learning and commitment to career development
- Team player and self-starter.
- Hyperion Planning
- Spotfire or other Business Intelligence tool
- Salesforce 360
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time