DLB Associates Engineer Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
Are you a production focused over-achiever looking to become an MEP triple threat? Looking for a company that just got awarded one of 2021 BEST Firms to Work For in the AEC industry?
DLB Associates is an innovative industry leader in consulting and design engineering. For 40 years we have worked hard to advance the development of sustainable, high-performing infrastructure for the built-in-environment through our first-in-class Engineering Design, Commissioning, MSI and Energy Services. We specialize in industries that are mechanically and electrically intensive, including building some of the most advanced mission critical technology spaces in the world.
We are guided by our strategic anchors of Operational Excellence, Service Leadership and Customer Focus. These anchors have enabled us to exceed our client's expectations by deeply understanding what is important to them and meeting them where they want to be met.
We help guide the industry by contributing to the development of forward-thinking standards and technologies. Our internal culture is one that seeks to continuously challenge and optimize our tools and processes through leveraging technology to the maximum.
All of this is driven by our core convictions of Listening, Learning, Teaching, Standardizing, Executing, Communicating and Delivering.
If you want to be part of an industry leading team, please join DLB Associates today!
Position Title: Engineer Associate
Position Location: Remote - work from anywhere in the United States
The Engineer Associate will have the opportunity to work with senior design staff to advance their MEP design skills for commercial building design and construction. They will learn, through hands-on application how to design a wide variety of projects. This person will work as part of the Engineering Team and interact closely with the Project Management Team to produce construction documents, assist in project specifications and assist in the construction administration process.
The Engineer Associate will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. This person will work under immediate supervision.
The Engineer Associate will communicate and operate in line with organizational goals and values, as well as departmental objectives.
Assist in Production of Engineering Documents (60%)
• Perform basic engineering work and design tasks under a senior engineer's supervision
• Perform standard computations and analysis
• Perform load calculations, equipment selection and pressure drop calculations
• Utilize AutoCAD and Revit software to prepare drawings and visual aids
• Assist in the review and creation of drawings details, schedules, sequence of operations and drawing content as directed
Assist in Pre-Construction Activities (15%)
• Survey existing building conditions and prepares technical reports of findings
• Collect data and other information for construction documents
• Prepare project design and construction documents
• Basic review and editing of project specifications
Assist in Construction Activities (15%)
• Work as part of the engineering team and interact closely with the project management team
• Review shop drawings and submittals
• Review and respond to RFIs
• Assist with punch lists and project closeout documents
• Prepare project progress reports for internal and external stakeholders
• Update and maintain shop drawing and RFI log
• Manage personal hours using company tools
Performs Other Related Duties as Assigned
Position Requirements (Beginner level for all the following unless otherwise noted)
• Knowledge of engineering principles
• Knowledge of code and specifications for design and engineering
• Skilled at using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams), along with exceptional organizational skills for file management
• Skilled in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
• Ability to work successfully in a remote environment by using effective communication, organizational skills, assertiveness, motivation and resourcefulness
• Ability to follow company and site safety requirements
• Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports and correspondence
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form (technical and non-technical information)
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines
• Organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
The following physical demands must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
• Frequently required to remain in a stationary position
• Frequently moving through office, facility and other environments
• On occasion the employee may move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
Travel / Relocation Requirements
• Approximately 10% travel
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from ABET accredited institution, with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
• Two to three years of engineering experience
DLB Associates is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to diversifying our workforce.
DLB Associates participates in the E-Verify program with the Department of Homeland Security.
DLB Associates offers a very competitive benefits package; highlights include:
• Medical, HRA, FSA, Rx, dental
• Life, disability, ADD