Avanade Inc. Director, Digital Manufacturing Advisory in Boston, Massachusetts
Advisory Lead, Manufacturing (Industry X) - Northeast Region
The successful candidate will have a background in business/management consulting strategy - ideally in areas of business function transformation (centric around Manufacturing Operations). Key industry experience needed across industrial, life sciences and/or CPG manufacturing). Ideally, some exposure to ERP/MES/OT strategy and or value realization of technology platforms in manufacturing. The candidate will be experienced in complex problem solving and developing strategies and roadmaps.
Acumen across business consulting in manufacturing operations is paramount for this role. The candidate should understand business strategy, management concepts, operations, and financial analysis. Proven success at creating strategies for improving operations by providing professional expertise to reduce costs, boost performance, and ensure industry longevity/compliance.
This is a Northeast leadership role responsible for growing capabilities and working with other solution areas to define go-to-market actions; and increasing awareness of business advisory.
Additional key areas of responsibility include:
- Client: Leading client relationships, forming and growing trusted client relationships.
- Client Engagements: Scoping client engagements and designing the delivery team and overseeing the commercial engagement with clients.
- Thought Leadership/Content: Creating high-impact practice content and thought leadership for business transformation.
- Strategy: Serve as the business leader applying a strategic approach to advance a client’s operating model through technology, processes, and people to ultimately create better experiences for customers and employees.
- Growth/Learning: Inspire and support junior business team members. Ensure they are on client engagements, growing and learning.
- Leadership: Must be an initiative-taker and nimble multi-tasker, able to manage large, complex projects.
- Core Consulting Skills: Consulting and training skills and the ability to educate the business owners they work with, along with junior team members.
- Flexibility: The capacity to lead and work as part of a team both in person and virtually.
- Point of View: Critical thinking skills and the ability to find unique solutions to problems while always having a point of view.
- Planning/Budgeting: Analytical evaluation skills for budgeting and planning.
- Focus account teams to drive market development within Consumer-Packaged Goods, Life Sciences, and Manufacturing.
- Lead and support the delivery of Advisory engagements growing trust as well as enduring relationships with clients.
- Drive clients’ outcomes and develop success stories on the back of engagements.
- Collaborate with the regional team to develop and refine the Industry Offerings through insights as well as drawing on successful client engagements.
- Develop specific assets and go to market content within the target industry sub-sector, e.g., Products (Consumer Products, Retail, and Manufacturing, and Healthcare/Life Sciences).
- Work closely with the Regional Advisory Leader to define additional propositions for our offerings.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Manufacturing Operations and Digital Manufacturing Transformation experience
- Some functional transformation experience in other business areas is preferred (particularly Supply Chain and Finance Transformation)
- Industry expertise (Manufacturing, Life Sciences, CGP or Resources are paramount) we may consider other industries where there is sufficient functional transformation experience
- Data strategy
- Business applications strategy (MES/ERP/WMS/SCM)
- Business value realization approach
- Microsoft ecosystem experience is preferred but not essential
- Market analysis
- Competitive research and analysis
- Business canvas creation
- Benchmarking and appropriate metric/KPI development
- Strategic planning and roadmap development
- Business case development
- Operating model design
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
EEO is the Law Poster: https://sandboxavanadestaging.avature.net/portal/8/files/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster: Supplement https://sandboxavanadestaging.avature.net/portal/8/files/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
E-Verify Participation: Poster https://sandboxavanadestaging.avature.net/portal/8/files/E-VerifyParticipationPoster.pdf
Right to Work Poster: https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IERRightToWorkPoster%20EngEs.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy: https://sandboxavanadestaging.avature.net/portal/8/files/pay-transpEnglishunformattedESQA508c.pdf
Los Angeles Notice: https://sandboxavanadestaging.avature.net/portal/8/files/Banthe%20BoxPosterPrivateEmployersasof82318.pdf
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs