Nelnet Developer Security Ops in Boston, Massachusetts
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Responsible for developing enterprise wide cross-functional software solutions, working closely with IT Software Architects and IT Business Analysts technical teams.
This position is with our Tech Diversification team, to join a growing team to modernize a legacy system and move it to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
• Mobbing and pairing with your team to design, code, test, debug, deploy and document software in an agile environment
• Working with your team, supporting agile engineering practices such as delivering small narrow slices of functionality, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, and Infrastructure as Code
• Working with UX/UI Designers, DevSecOps Engineers, Full Stack Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Analysts to modernize a 50 year old legacy system
• Tackle a wide variety of technical problems
• Exercise your full tool-belt of skills and experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• 5+ years combined Application Development/DevSecOps/Infrastructure Automation experience
• A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
• Self-motivated with strong communication and collaboration skills
• Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
• Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
• Agile software development experience
• Experience modernizing legacy mainframe systems desired
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS or Azure experience in some of the following is required: Cloud Compute, Cloud Storage, Cloud Logging, Cloud Monitoring, Database Management, and Key Management,
• Experience with GitHub Actions, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar configuration management software
• Experience in automating Cloud Platform infrastructure (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
• Strong engineering experience in DevOps, Continuous Delivery & automation using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Packer, CloudBees Jenkins, Nexus
• Engineering experience with security, monitoring and analysis tools such as Splunk, SonarQube, NewRelic, Nessus, etc.
• Experience in security aspects of cloud infrastructure, vulnerability scanning and remediation, threat modeling & detection, static and dynamic testing, security documentation
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)
- Nelnet Jobs