Aston Carter Buyer in Boston, Massachusetts
We are seeking a Buyer to join one of the most recognized medical systems in Boston, MA. This is a great opportunity for an individual with 2+ years of healthcare buying experience to be a part of a thriving team and gain exemplary professional experience.
This is a remote role.
• Process purchase requisitions from departments. Place orders with suppliers who offer the most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, service and delivery time keeping to current GPO compliance using a variety of methods (phone, fax, GHX, scan). Process confirmations to ensure accuracy of pricing information. Monitor vendor back orders and expedite orders when necessary and communicate back order issues to departments.
• Perform necessary follow-up activities to ensure delivery time frames are met. Research alternate products and recommend substitutes where improved delivery will be realized.
• Utilize effective purchasing techniques to reduce overall costs including researching alternate vendors and/or products.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with supply vendors and manufacturer’s representatives to stay current on product development and to determine products that could potentially reduce costs.
• Handle adjustments with vendors involving short shipments, replacement of defective items or return of incorrectly ordered merchandise.
• Utilize available tools such as GHX and to ensure accuracy of product pricing. Collaborate with Supply Chain Contract Analyst and Supply Chain analytics/Infrastructure team to maintain accuracy of item master information, notifying them of necessary changes.
• Collaborate with Receiving and Accounts Payable to settle issues. Resolve pricing disputes when necessary.
• Provides exemplary customer service.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High school diploma or similar required
2+ years of healthcare buying experience required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely
Strong organizational skills required
Ability to set and adjust priorities and handle emergency situations
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs