Avanade Inc. Azure Infrastructure Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
About the Job
Our Infrastructure Consulting team manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As an Azure Infrastructure Consultant, you will plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy enterprise scale Microsoft cloud infrastructure solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premise IT systems. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new could platforms.
- Design architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets our customers’ technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Execute implementation plans to move workloads to Azure.
- Travel to customer sites as needed.
You are a strong technologist with solid business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions. Your skillset likely includes: * Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure. * Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies. * Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations. * Working with global teams and offshore resources. * Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
You likely have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure.
- Experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server / Azure Team Services
- Experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT security risks
Working knowledge of following technologies:
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Stack
- Azure Foundation (Subscription, Network, Compute, Features)
- Modern Cloud Application Architectures
- Cloud Management and Optimization (Appropriately sizing, automating scaling, tagging, policies)
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this ‘Future Opportunity’ position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we’ve been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they’re working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we’ve been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs