PPD Associate Scientist / Scientist - HPLC , GC , KF , Analytical Development in Boston, Massachusetts
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.* *In labs and health care facilities worldwide- HERE WE ARE *
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our customers through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Associate Scientist/Scientist, you will use state-of-the-art technologies to perform traditional and innovative analytical techniques and apply Quality-by-Design principles to develop and validate the analytical tools used to ensure the safety, efficacy and quality of the client pharmaceutical products while working onsite at a large pharmaceutical customer site. You will support the drug development programs at the client site through laboratory techniques commonly used in the analysis of pharmaceuticals such as HPLC, GC, and KF.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on site at a major pharmaceutical company:
- Analysis of chemical development and formulation samples using HPLC, GC, and KF
- Maintains accurate records of experiments and results in a laboratory notebook and authors reports as assigned.
- Interpretation and communication of results. The ability to present results in both oral and written reports is required.
- Maintains general lab equipment, including HPLC, GC
- Troubleshooting of instruments and experiments
- Demonstrates responsible follow-up
- Demonstrates knowledge of scientific principles and basic understanding of applicable drug development regulations
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in physical sciences (Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry) or engineering or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 0-2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Scientist: Previous experience comparable to 2 years of experience
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines * Knowledge of analytical chemistry, HPLC, GC, KF, impurity analysis, residual solvent analysis * Ability to work successfully in both a team/matrix environment as well as independently is required * Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday work with regard to documentation and instrument use * Ability to utilize ELN, Empower a plus, and Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks * Ability to independently optimize analytical methods * Good written and oral communication skills * Time management and project management skills * Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
/PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
*PPD Defining Principles: *
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Scientist / Scientist - HPLC , GC , KF , Analytical Development
Location: MA-Boston-FSP Boston MA
Requisition ID: 205801
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs