PPD Associate Scientist / Scientist - Dissolution , HPLC in Boston, Massachusetts
*In labs and health care facilities worldwide- HERE WE ARE *
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an *Associate Scientist / Scientist, *you will use state-of-the-art technologies to perform traditional and innovative analytical techniques and apply Quality-by-Design principles to develop and validate the analytical tools used to ensure the safety, efficacy and quality of the client pharmaceutical products while working onsite at a large pharmaceutical customer site. You will support the drug development programs at the client site through laboratory techniques commonly used in the analysis of pharmaceuticals such as HPLC and dissolution.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on site at a major pharmaceutical company:
- Develops, troubleshoots and conducts dissolution experiments in support of drug product process development
- Performs dissolution stability testing on drug products
- Maintains accurate records of experiments and results in an electronic laboratory notebook and authors reports as assigned
- Designs, executes, and interprets experiments with a high degree of reliability and independence
- Performs statistical analysis of experimental data
- Maintains general lab equipment, including HPLCs and dissolution systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of scientific principles and basic understanding of applicable drug development regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 0-2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience with preference to those with 1 years of industry experience
- Scientist level:Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutcial Chemistry or equivalent and formal academic/vocational qualifications with previous experience comparable to 2 years OR Master's degree
- A basic knowledge of cGMPs
- Knowledge of HPLC and dissolution testing is preferred
- Dissolution experience across multiple systems (manual, semi-automated and automated dissolution systems)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- HPLC and Dissolution Testing experience is desired
- Empower 3 experience is nice to have
- Excellent experimental documentation is required
- cGMP experience is strongly preferred
- The ability to work successfully in both a team/matrix environment as well as independently
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment, manage priorities, and maintain timelines for multiple projects
- Manual dexterity.
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction.
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language and according to the SOP.
- Ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion.
- Proficient in the operation of the computer and data acquisition programs.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
/PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
*PPD Defining Principles: *
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
keywords: HPLC, "analytical chemistry" , dissolution , GMP
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Scientist / Scientist - Dissolution , HPLC
Location: MA-Boston-FSP Boston MA
Requisition ID: 205775
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs