PPD Associate Scientist / Scientist - Chromatography, LIMS in Boston, Massachusetts
This position requires long-term eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Please note: F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long-term eligibility for this role.
Thermo Fisher's clinical research business is a leading global contract research organization and world leader in serving science. We are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our mission – to enable our customers to make the world healthier, safer, and cleaner.
Within our Analytical Services team, we have a functional service provider solution, which is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits.
AsAssociate Scientist /Scientist, you willprovide support for coordination and execution of the commercial stability program within the client’s Technical Operations Analytical department. This role is responsible for timely processing of stability data in a compliant manner, fostering good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a desk-based position, not in the lab.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on-site at a major pharmaceutical company:
- Support technical analytical data review of the commercial stability program, which encompasses all commercial products/strengths including starting materials, drug substance intermediates, drug substance, drug product intermediates, and drug products.
- Transfer stability data from external contract testing laboratories to internal client systems.
- Support entry of stability data into Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) as well as verification of stability data entries.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
At PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk; our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in science or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Associate Scientist: Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the job (comparable to 0 – 2 years).
- Scientist: Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years).
- In some cases, an equivalency consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: chromatography, dissolution, water content, and physical form data
- Experience with biochemical lab techniques is a plus
- Experience with electronic document management systems
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) is a plus
- Experience with statistical software and its application to support data entry and trending
- Knowledge of US and EU cGMP regulations/guidance
- Ability to prioritize objectives from multiple projects and adhere to scheduled timelines while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
- Proven ability in technical writing and interpretation of writing skills
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
/PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
*Our 4i Values: *
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
key words: stability, small molecule, data review, quality, GMP
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Scientist / Scientist - Chromatography, LIMS
Location: MA-Boston-FSP Boston MA
Requisition ID: 222166
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs