Night Shift Brewing Assistant General Manager, Lovejoy Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts
The Night Shift Brewing Lovejoy Wharf Team is growing, and we are looking for a strong leader with a passion for creating a strong, positive Team culture and exceptional Guest experience to join our team as Assistant General Manager (AGM).
Working under the direction of the Director of Hospitality, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) is a leader at the Lovejoy Wharf location and within the overall hospitality organization. The successful candidate leads by example and sets the tone and standards for excellence, with a focus on consistently high-quality customer service. They are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience through Lovejoy Wharf practices & standard operating procedures. They have a clear understanding of both company and departmental goals and their specific role in achieving those goals.
What You’ll Do…
● Assist in conducting staff daily pre-shift meetings. Maintains positive relations with staff through timely and complete communication of all items concerning their areas of supervision, both individually and as a whole departmentally.
● Oversee all day-to-day business operations and be available to work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed
● Provide daily performance-based coaching and feedback to Lovejoy Supervisors and staff and assess individual performance on an ongoing basis.
● Ensure Lovejoy’s cleanliness & maintenance consistently meets our exceptionally high standards. Maintain appropriate procedures and related checklists and assigns personnel as required to complete needed tasks.
● Assist Director of Hospitality in personnel leadership through recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training & managing taproom staff. Sets proper staffing levels and weekly scheduling to meet high service level standards while maintaining staffing costs at an appropriate level.
● Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately and on time.
● Maintain high visibility on the guest floor, including regular table touches to ensure high levels of Guest satisfaction
● Help to organize exciting events and marketing efforts in coordination with marketing and events team.
● Other duties as assigned
What you have…
● High School Diploma or equivalent required
● TIPS and/or ServSafe Certified, Crowd Manager Certified
● Minimum 5+ years hospitality experience required; hospitality management experience preferred and brewery experience is a huge plus!
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
● Ability to motivate, lead, and develop a strong team and individual team members
● Exceptional time management, multi-tasking & prioritization skills
● Knowledge of POS systems, scheduling software, and office/Google applications
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
● Demonstrates an eagerness for listening to ideas, questions, and feedback with trust and respect
● Exhibits a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork
● Exercises discretion in handling and disseminating financial and non-financial information
● Easily flexes and adapts to adjust to sudden changes
● Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time
● Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide documentation to receive a religious or medical exemption
● Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe
As an employee of Night Shift Brewing, the Assistant General Manager will earn up to $70,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, 401(k) participation, beer/merchandise credits, and more!
About Night Shift
Night Shift Brewing started as a nocturnal hobby for three home-brewing obsessed friends in 2012 out of a small apartment kitchen in Somerville, MA. Since then, Night Shift has grown beyond our wildest dreams. From our state-of-the-art brewing space and Taproom in Everett, to our first restaurant endeavor at Lovejoy Wharf, to starting our own distributing company and beyond, the motto “craft better” is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to provide a wide variety of craft beverages - from beer to seltzer, wine, coffee, and other non-alcoholic beverages, we celebrate being a craft beverage provider where “all styles are welcome”.
Night Shift Brewing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We welcome all applicants who believe they meet the minimum requirements of available positions, with or without reasonable accommodation, to apply.
Powered by JazzHR