JPMorgan Chase 2021 J.P. Morgan Securities Junior Summer Analyst Program (Boston) in Boston, Massachusetts
JP Morgan Advisors Summer Analyst Program 2021
At JP Morgan Advisors, we have been helping high net worth individuals and families build and manage their wealth for more than 50 years. Led by an exclusive group of Financial Advisors throughout the United States, JPM Advisors offers clients a broad suite of transactional, wealth management and investment advisory services. Our Financial Advisors are among the most experienced and creative in the industry. We excel at leveraging the vast resources of one of the world's leading global financial institutions on behalf of our clients.
Our Program will pair Summer Analysts with Financial Advisors & their teams to experience how they deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help protect, manage, and grow wealth for clients. You will gain exposure to every facet of wealth management, including investments, lending, banking, trust and estate planning. No client has identical goals, so understanding their unique needs and tailoring the approach to exceed expectations requires work across teams and the firm to provide the best possible client experience and service. The broad exposure to the markets and experiences you will have can help take your career in any direction. This 9-week program is open to current college students. Opportunities are available in a variety of U.S. locations.
What to expect
Depending on the Financial Advisors & their teams, you may work on projects which relate to onboarding new clients & maintaining existing ones.
• Develop fundamental understanding of all business-related matters and responsibilities of a Financial Advisor
• Learn how to evaluate individual securities (stocks and bonds) and pooled investment vehicles (e.g., mutual funds and ETFs)
• Participate in calls and meetings related to research, marketing, investment products, etc.
• Provide summaries of research and analysis on various securities obtained from calls/meetings
• Learn how to prepare for and present to a prospect and/or client; possibility of participating in client meetings
• Assist Financial Advisors on developing marketing plans, building prospect lists, and executing on implementation plans
• Understand basic financial planning concepts and learn full lifecycle of how to put a financial plan together and then apply the plan on behalf of client
• Strong technical skills required including: 1) Microsoft Office proficient; 2) Intermediate Excel skills required; 3) Familiarity with Bloomberg Terminal a plus
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills; Foundational understanding of financial and investment principles
• Outstanding communication skills; Able to draw out information through good listening and questioning skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent team player, confidence to work with business partners at all levels
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and deliver quality results
• Currently enrolled in a college or university as a full-time student
• Expected graduation date of December 2021 - Spring 2022
• Minimum preferred cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
This role is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. If you will require employer immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this role.
At JPMorgan Chase, we're creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you're passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we're looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
After you click 'Apply', the first step of the process will be to create an account and complete our application.
Once you have submitted your application, you'll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform.
pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It's an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Your application will not be reviewed until you have completed the pymetrics games. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
©2020 JPMorgan Chase & Co. J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/VeteranJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs