BJs Wholesale Club POS Application Dev Analyst in BJ's Club Support Center Marlborough, Massachusetts
Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235+ clubs and eight distribution centers. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, we’re committed to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members, helping them save on the products and services they need for their families and homes.
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
• BJ’s pays weekly
• Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
• Benefit plans for your changing needs*o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
*eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
The Application Development Analyst POS is responsible for providing analytical, development, and configuration support for our Toshiba 4690OS/ACE POS and CHEC Application solutions. We seek those whose ultimate goals are to contribute to moving forward with the latest technologies that POS systems are adopting such as Mobility, Digital Integration, Promotions Execution, etc.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and manage basic projects. Also serve as a technical resource on other projects • Configuring applications according to department standards
• Create and execute unit and system test plans, and accurately document results
• Participate in creation and execution of implementation plans
• Analyze and tune applications to improve system performance
• Recommend and perform technical evaluations of new vendor hardware and software products
• Ensure appropriate level of documentation
• On call Rotation
At least 5 years of IT experience within a retail environment is essential
Experience with POS technology (Registers, Self Checkout, and other peripherals).
Strong testing and design background
Experience in creating Technical Design documents, Technical specifications, Production supporting documents, Implementation plans, test plans and test cases
Open systems experience preferred.
Design experience with Toshiba 4690OS and ACE POS/CHEC applications preferred.
Good problem solving skills are necessary
On call rotation as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with business stakeholders in a manner that fosters an inclusive environment.
At BJ's Wholesale Club, we’re focused on delivering unbeatable value and outstanding service to our members and communities.
Headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club is a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. Currently operating more than 235 clubs, over 165 BJ's Gas® locations and eight distribution centers, we were the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Providing a curated assortment of grocery, general merchandise, gasoline and ancillary services, BJ's offers a differentiated shopping experience that is further enhanced by our omnichannel capabilities.