Universal Forest Products Crew Leader 1st Shift in Belchertown, Massachusetts
The Crew Leader is responsible for coordination of an operating cell/work area and its support services. Assists in the training of employees, and the communication between management and employees. Relies on limited experience and judgment to accomplish goals; little creativity and latitude is expected; works under direct supervision.
- Ensures work area is running according to schedule; minimizes downtime.
- Ensures work area and equipment are safe and clean.
- Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operating equipment.
- Assists scheduling production, balances workloads between teams or work areas, and
- Assist reviewing pre-shift machine inspection sheets and addressing concerns.
- Reviews production sheets and communicated with employees.
- Checks material and finished products to ensure quality and that they meet customer specifications.
- Implements CI principals to improve current processes.
- Conducts Sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees.
- Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law.
- Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
- Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives.
- Participates in the completion of employee's performance evaluation form.
- Prepares production reports and maintains records as required.
- Ensures work area is in compliance with established safety standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled