Heywood Hospital School Based Community Health Worker, Telemed, 40 Hrs, Day Shift in Athol, Massachusetts
- Associate degree and/or CHW certification preferred/equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong computer skills, EMR database experience, Google calendar and Zoom knowledge
- Knowledge of Community agencies and resources
- Creative and Analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
Behavioral Attributes: The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, flexibility, concern for order, initiative, self-confidence, self control, customer service orientation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and information seeking.
- Assists students and families to access on site tele behavioral counseling services as we as off-site community-based clinicians and non-clinical resources (as needed)
- Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessment activities including mental health status, health screenings and social needs factors
- Obtains insurance authorizations for clinical sessions and coordinates, manages and schedules tele behavioral counseling sessions
- Manage and track data and appointments in the hospital EMR. Track and submit data, complete monthly reports
- Provide home, school and community-based care coordination to youth and their families. Provide on-going follow up to families enrolled in the program. (Personalized care management,)
- Expand knowledge of local community resources and attend local trainings to increase this knowledge
- Collaborate as a member of the school’s guidance team to support the referral process. Understand the school culture and work closely with school personnel
- Participate in weekly supervision and program staff meetings
- Manage time, work in an organized manner and effectively implement the program in coordination with the school and clinician
- Demonstrate appropriate boundaries in all interactions
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences and community events
- Follow Heywood’s policies and procedures, maintain confidential information and exemplify CARE and HEART values
Statement Of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Athol Hospital
Department: AMH HRSA TELE RH GRANT-,2001.44008
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 2001.44008.8535
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: School Based Community Health Worker, Telemed, 40 Hrs, Day Shift
Location: Athol, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 04/01/2021