Lockheed Martin Research Engineer (Chemistry) - Intern in Andover, Massachusetts
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. We are seeking interns to join our team to help develop many best-in-class products and solutions at our Missiles and Fire Control business.
Lockheed Martin is commercializing a new class of flow battery technology for low-cost, grid-scale energy storage, and seeks an intern to provide support for the flow battery development program.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Materials Science or a related degree program.
• Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and have a strong attention to detail.
• Candidates should be proficient in performing statistical analysis of analytical data sets and characterizing measurement error.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
• We are seeking self-starting individuals with strong technical aptitude and serious interest in renewable energy technologies.
• Individuals must be flexible, able to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, and able to work independently and as part of a group.
• Relevant experience in energy conversion devices (e.g. PV solar, batteries, fuel cells, electrolyzers) is highly desirable.
• Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1 year of experience using Python or MATLAB programming languages for data analysis applications.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs